MAKING HEALTHY HABITS A LIFESTYLE
Spring has arrived. Eat sprouts and feel alive!
Sprouting made easy...
1. Put seeds in a glass jar. Cover with plastic screen or mesh bag. Secure with rubber band.
2. Soak seeds over night. 6-8 hours.
3. Rinse 2-3 times daily. Keep moist, not wet.
4. Once you see growth seeds are ready.
5. Sprouts will stay ALIVE in the refrigerator for about a week. Rinse once daily.
*Alfalfa seeds are the only seeds that need to be turned at a 45 degree angle. All others just rinse and drain.
Here are some great ways to serve up sprouts:
- Add to salads.
- Combine with other vegetables in wraps, roll-ups or stir-fries.
- Use as garnish on top of soups, stews, omelets or scrambled eggs.
- Add to rice or whole-grain dishes.
- Use in sandwiches instead of lettuce.
Suggested Reading: Sprout It! By Steve Meyerwitz